In March 2019, we will be opening the doors to a brand new and extremely modern hotel that is ideal for guests looking to be in the middle of all the action. The Clarion Hotel The Hub will be a great choice for everyone, regardless of whether you're a tourist, conference guest or local resident. We will be the centre for creativity, early mornings, late nights, new flavours, unique dining experiences, enriching experiences and memorable moments.
Oslo! Are you ready for us?
With an unbeatable location, just about as central as you can get in Oslo, you'll be within easy reach of Oslo's central hub, Oslo Central Station. From Jernbanetorget just outside the hotel, you can also access the tram, metro and bus network to reach Oslo's various neighbourhoods and suburbs. In other words, you really won't be able to get closer to the great range of attractions available here in Norway's capital city. At the Clarion Hotel The Hub, you will be able to enjoy exciting food with local flavours and Norway's coolest lobby and meeting space. And you'l have plenty of bars, cafés, shops and restaurants just around the corner. Thousands of local residents and tourists pass by here every day, and we look forward to inviting everyone in to our fabulous lobby and unique restaurant and bar offering stunning views of the Oslo Fjord and the city's skyline. The Clarion Hotel The Hub will be a meeting place, and a natural place to mingle for Oslo's local residents, visitors and conference guests alike!
Facts about the Clarion Hotel The Hub
- Located in the heart of Oslo with good communications including the tram (Trikken), the metro, buses, transfer buses to Gardermoen Airport right outside the door. The hotel is just 2 minutes from Oslo Central Station.
- 810 new and modern hotel rooms including three high security floors that can be closed off to the public for private use.
- 24 meetings rooms that can accommodate up to 1,850 people.
- Major investment into innovative solutions and modern technology throughout the hotel.
- 3 exciting food and drinks concepts, including a fabulous restaurant on the 13th floor providing views of the Oslo Opera House, Bjørvika and the Oslo Fjord.
- Trendy pop-up concepts.
- New and well-equipped gym and relaxation area
- Sustainable, clean and local produce that offers a true taste of Oslo.
Conferences and meetings at the Clarion Hotel The Hub
The Clarion Hotel The Hub will be Oslo's leading business hotel and an obvious choice for all kinds of congresses, conferences, meetings, concerts and other cultural events. Our conference facilities will offer you unique and flexible solutions to create an interactive area for your meetings with state-of-the-art facilities.
Congress and conference facilities
- 24 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 1,850 people.
- 900 sqm congress hall with 6.10 metre high ceilings.
- Partition wall that can be pulled back to link the congress hall to a 850 sqm reception space.
- Flexible panoramic windows that can be opened up to bring in large objects (e.g. cars).
- Banquet hall with a capacity of up to 650 people sitting at round tables.
- Backstage room just next to the congress hall.
- New and innovative lighting, sound and image technology.
- Large VIP room (80 sqm) for board meetings and so on.
- 10 board meeting rooms.
Architecture, interiors and design
The architects of this fabulous space are Lund+Slaatto Arkitekter. Anemone Wille Våge is responsible for the interior design of our restaurants and communal spaces. Björkén Architects will be designing the hotel and meeting rooms at the Clarion Hotel The Hub, and the focus will be on creating spaces that exude warmth, intimacy, elegance and life. Guests should experience a "love affair" that combines classic and harmonious design and cutting-edge, futuristic design concepts.
The Clarion Hotel The Hub is a strong supporter of sustainability and the environment. During the construction process, we are working towards a "very good" BREEAM certification, which is based on design, construction, materials and waste. (The "excellent" classification is unattainable as this is a listed building.) Like all Nordic Choice Hotels, the Clarion Hotel The Hub will have the environmental standard ISO-14001. When the hotel opens, it will continue to be a leader on matters concerning the environment. Recycling, reducing food waste, sustainable raw materials, energy conservation, environmentally friendly materials, heating, local suppliers and partners are just some of the focal areas.