The top 10 spa hotels in the Nordic region
We have compiled a list of 10 outstanding gems among our many Nordic spa hotels! Join us at the favourites of Stockholmers, the Norwegian spa town, the pearl in the Värmland forest, the newly built arctic beauty and many more! Want to view all our spa hotels? Search all spa hotels and book here!
1. Japanese luxury at Yasuragi in Nacka/Stockholm
Yasuragi has become our most popular spa hotel and it’s easy to understand why. Checking in here is like checking in to a completely different world, albeit you are just 25 minutes from Stockholm’s city centre. Wearing your yukatan, you will enjoy nature, treatments and four different restaurants.
2. Farris Bad – an attractive Norwegian spa resort
Farris Bad is located in Larvik, only 1.5 hours outside Oslo. It is the biggest spa hotel in Scandinavia, covering an area of 2 500 sq m. Partly on land and partly suspended over the water, this is a truly unique spa retreat. Just hang out at the beach terrace or enjoy a refreshing drink at the Water Lounge.
3. Clarion Hotel® Sign, Stockholm – popular roof top pool with fabulous views across Stockholm
Clarion Hotel Sign is the ideal place when you want to combine luxurious relaxation with some of the greatest views of Stockholm from a rooftop pool. Clarion Hotel Sign is a vibrant, popular and stunning looking hotel, located at Norra Bantorget, in the centre of Stockholm. Finish your shopping day with a refreshing dip and a glass of bubbles in your hand. Or spoil yourself to a relaxing treatment, followed by a delicious dinner before heading out to enjoy an evening in Stockholm.
4. Copperhill Mountain Lodge, Åre – relaxation surrounded by ski slopes
Everyone falls in love with Copperhill Mountain Lodge in Åre and we know why! With a unique location right in the middle of the ski slopes and a stylish spa, completely integrated with the surrounding mountains – everyone will be amazed by Copperhill Mountain Lodge.
5. Clarion Hotel® Post, Gothenburg – a spa retreat in the middle of Gothenburg
The highly popular Clarion Hotel Post is in a prime location on Drottningtorget, next to Gothenburg Central Station. Check in and enjoy the amazing rooftop pool, The Beauty Factory (Skönhetsfabriken) with its many treatments and the restaurants and bars, which are popular among hotel guests as well as Gothenburg’s locals.
6. Quality Hotel™ Frösö Park, Östersund – a Nordic spa on the beautiful island of Frösön
Quality Hotel Frösö Park is one of our newest spa facilities. Open since 2015, this new gem is surrounded by amazing nature and located on Frösön/Östersund. You can choose from a wide range of in- and outdoor exercises, a number of pools, relaxation areas and various saunas. Experience the Scandinavian bathing traditions and their focus on hydrotherapy.
7. Clarion Hotel® Stockholm, Stockholm – stylish and luxurious in charming Södermalm
Yet another Stockholm favourite makes it to this list! Leave city life behind and enter a world of spa indulgence – Clarion Hotel Stockholm is in a fantastic location in Skanstull/Södermalm. The spa area is overlooking Tantolunden and its idyllic allotment gardens and there are stunning views over the sparkling waters at Årstaviken. Apart from the views, Elements Spa proudly provides inspiration from India and Ayurveda. The spa features both classic and steam saunas, gym and yoga facilities, and a relaxation pool that continues onto the terrace.
8. A classic spa favourite in beautiful Värmland – Selma Spa+, Sunne
The classic Selma Spa+ is waiting for you! This is one of the country’s most admired spa hotels, with an exceptional location surrounded by forests, mountains and lakes in the picturesque town of Sunne, in Värmland.
9. Stenungsbaden Yacht Club, Stenungsund – barren ocean cliffs and entertainment in Bohuslän
The pearl of the West Coast – Stenungsbaden Yacht Club – is located only 30 minutes north of Gothenburg, on Stenungsön, just outside the idyllic town of Stenungsund. Breathtaking ocean views, salty fresh air and the enormous Bluewater Sports & Health Club welcome you.
10. Clarion Hotel® Sense, Luleå – spa luxury in the middle of Luleå
Located in the middle of Luleå, Clarion Hotel Sense offers a four-season experience. Lighting, aromas and treatments all follow the seasons of the year. The heated pool represents a balmy summer night, and the soaking room provides opportunity to scrub away the stresses of the day with our seasonal products.
Are you looking for spa hotels at attractive rates (who isn’t?) – check out the Special Offers page!
Did you know….
• Basically all our spas offer daily rates, meaning you can still experience a peaceful, soothing moment in a heated rejuvenating pool, even if you only have a couple of hours to spare
• The word ‘spa’ originates from the Belgian town of Spa, one of the first renowned mineral-rich thermal water resorts
• You can book part of, or the entire spa facility at most of our spa hotels for private functions, weddings, hen-/stag parties, conferences, kick-offs and more