Before I went to this hotel I checked out the pictures on Tripadvisor, and as I entered the lobby, I recognized it immediately. Check-in went smooth and quick, very friendly staff at the front...
Before I went to this hotel I checked out the pictures on Tripadvisor, and as I entered the lobby, I recognized it immediately. Check-in went smooth and quick, very friendly staff at the front desk.
After stepping out of the lift on the 2nd floor I noticed the dirty carpet in the corridor. They really should let that cleaned!
My single bedroom didn't look at the pictures. At all. Not even close. Furniture is very basic and fulfills all needs, but it just isn't welcoming. Same with the bathroom. It is old and out-dated, but I have to say very clean. Bed was good, but the television (no, not a flatscreen) has I very high peeeeeep (elderly probably won't notice) and the build-in digital clock didn't show the correct time (1 h 50 min later then it was). It then happened, that I woke up very early and thought my alarm didn't went off - I was shocked because I had business meetings to attend, but I wasn't late at all. I couldn't sleep anymore after that, of course.
The bathroom has 2 towels, 1 small and 1 large. This is all 1 person needs, I agree. But during the day, I remembered that I forgot to hang the towel back on the rack, but left it on top of the toilet. I felt a bit stupid by doing so, because I don't want to give the house keeping extra work just because it is a hotel, but thought, well, the house keeping will hang it back for me, or even give me a new one. To my very surprise, the towel was at the same place as I left it! Still wet from my morning-shower. They made up the bed, hang the floor mat on the rack, but just left my towel on top of the toilet.
- very fast, free WIFI
- good bed
- friendly staff
- great breakfast buffet, lots of fruit, yoghurt, fresh bread, coffee/tea to-go as well
- well-equiped room, with coffee/tea facilities, ironing board etc, trousers-pressing-thing
- A bit noisy, especially when your neighbour is taking a shower
- Very out-dated room
- No electric outlet in the bathroom
- Shower with a curtain that tries to 'hug' you during your shower. There is really not much space left when you try to avoid that thing...
- No mini's in the bathroom, only 2 soap dispensers (1 at the sink and 1 in the shower). No shampoo or body lotion. Maybe you can get that at the front desk, but a colleague of mine actually run out of toothpaste and they couldn't help him with that (we worked from 7 AM to 10 PM, so he didn't have a chance to go grocery shopping)