Terms and conditions
1. Membership/General terms and conditions
1. Membership of Nordic Choice Club is personal and is only available to persons over the age of 18. Membership benefits cannot be used by anyone apart from the individual member.
2. Members must consent to and accept registration and processing by Nordic Choice Club of personal information in accordance with prevailing legislation and these membership terms and conditions. Nordic Choice Commercial Services AS is responsible for processing personal information, which a member agrees to provide. This information, as well as purchase and bonus redemption information, may be used by Nordic Choice Hotels and participating businesses to administer Nordic Choice Club, including storage and calculation of your bonus points. Members’ postal address, e-mail address and mobile number may be used to send you information and offers within the framework of prevailing Norwegian, Swedish and Danish laws and regulations.
3. Members have the right to inspect or correct own personal information. Members can withdraw consent for allowing Nordic Choice Commercial Services AS to register and process own personal information. Withdrawal of consent will be treated as termination of membership of Nordic Choice Club, cf. chapter 1.10.
4. A membership card will be issued as proof of membership. If enrollment is done through our website, a membership card will only be issued to residents in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In order to register bonus points and to receive personal benefits, members are personally responsible for presenting their membership card or providing membership numbers at our hotels. The membership card must be signed by the cardholder.
5. In the event of misuse of a membership card or bonus programme, Nordic Choice Club reserves the right to exclude the member(s) in question from the programme. Such misuse may include, but is not limited to, behaviour, which is troublesome or shows a lack of respect towards the staff, partners or hotels, criminal actions or actions, which are generally perceived to be immoral, unethical or contrary to these membership terms and conditions.
6. If a member expects to earn bonus points with Nordic Choice Club based on accommodation paid by your employer, members are personally responsible for notifying and obtaining consent from their employer in advance. Nordic Choice Club cannot, under any circumstances, be held responsible if a member does not inform and/or obtain prior consent from the employer. Nordic Choice Club generally recommends that members obtain consent from their employer to use bonus points.
7. Private use of bonus points that have been earned in a work connection may, in certain jurisdictions, such as Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark, be regarded as taxable income. It is the member’s responsibility to inform his/her employer and/or relevant authorities of this and to pay all applicable taxesf and fees resulting from this use. Nordic Choice Club disclaims all responsibility for taxes or liability to pay taxes, which are incumbent on the member in this regard.
8. Nordic Choice Hotels reserve the right to wind up Nordic Choice Club with a six-month notice period to members. Any such notice will be sent by e-mail, or there will be a notice on the Nordic Choice Club website.
9. Should Nordic Choice Club have to be discontinued due to conditions pertaining to a country’s legislation, a court decision or a prohibition by a country’s public authorities, Nordic Choice Hotels will not be responsible for any losses to the individual member, which may ensue from this winding-up. Nordic Choice Club will, as far as possible, attempt to inform the individual member quickly if circumstances described under this point, should arise. Point 8 above does not apply in the case of discontinuation in accordance with this regulation.
10. Members can cancel your membership of Nordic Choice Club at any time. Cancellation should be made in writing and sent to Nordic Choice Club:
Postal address: Nordic Choice Kundeservice
Postboks 2454 Solli
NO-0201 Oslo, Norway
Cancellation will take immediate effect from the date on which Nordic Choice Club receives notice of cancellation. Cancellation of membership means thfat you can no longer use earned bonus points, cf. the requirements regarding active membership when using bonus points.
11. Nordic Choice Club is free to unilaterally change membership terms and conditions without giving further notice to the individual member. Such changes will, unless otherwise stated, take immediate effect. Nordic Choice Club will publish changes to the terms and conditions on its website, but members are responsible for keeping themselves updated in relation to any changes to the terms and conditions.
12. The membership terms and conditions published on the Nordic Choice Clubs website are to be considered the applicable membership terms and conditions for Nordic Choice Club.
2. Bonus points
1. Bonus points are valid for three years (36 months) from the date on which they were earned. After this time they will automatically become invalid and cannot be used subsequently. On redemption of bonus points, the oldest, valid bonus points will be redeemed first.
2. Bonus points earned and membership numbers are personal and cannot be transferred to other members’ bonus accounts or redeemed for cash.
3. Bonus point earnings are based on the member’s personal transactions. This means that members will be able to earn bonus points for you hotel stay, regardless of who pays for the accommodation. A member can never earn bonus points for another person’s or another member’s transaction(s). Bonus points are awarded, however, if, in connection with your stay, you book an extra room for family members from within the same household.
4. Double bonus points and extra bonus points are awarded on the basic bonus point rate (i.e. the number of bonus points awarded per night).
3. Earning bonus points
1. One bonus point is awarded for each krone spent for overnight stays including breakfast and also for any extra beds at Nordic Choice hotels in the Nordic and Baltic countries. No bonus points will be awarded for stays at Aronsborgs Conference Hotel. Separate calculation of bonus points applies to package deals and special rates, etc. (see points 5 and 6). No bonus points will be awarded on booked but not checked in hotel stays, i.e. "no-show".
2. One bonus point is awarded for each krone spent in hotel restaurants (food only) during stays at the Clarion Hotel, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort or our independent hotels in Norway and Denmark (max. 4,000 bonus points per stay). A stay here means that the individual member stays for consecutive nights at the hotel in question.
3. No bonus points are awarded for stays that are paid for with bonus points, nor for those in “complimentary” rooms.
4. Members can earn 750 bonus points per night for overnight stays at Choice hotels outside the Nordic and Baltic countries. To receive these bonus points, however, the member must submit copies of the invoices from the hotel(s) in question to Customer Service for registration. Qualifying nights are not calculated (card level increase) for such stays.
5. No accumulated/total bonus points will be awarded when paying for special events, weddings, dinners, etc., but you will be able to earn bonus points for, and limited to, your stay. If a member’s stay is part of a package deal (conference package, full/half-board stay etc.), where board is not an identifiable part of the total price, members will earn 750 bonus points per night for your own accommodation.
6. Members can earn 500 bonus points per night for stays in connection with special discounted rates such as, but not limited to, bus tours, crew rates, etc. (Certain exceptions apply to some crew agreements, where bonus points are not awarded.)
7. Members can earn 10 bonus points for every euro spent during stays at any SOKOS hotel run by the Finnish S-Group (Suomen Osuuskauppojen Keskuskunta). To receive these bonus points, however, the member must present their membership number either on booking or on checking in/checking out of the hotel.
8. Bonus points are not awarded or calculated for qualifying nights (membership level increase) for hotel stays at Nordic Choice Hotels and/or Sokos Hotels that are booked through online travel agencies including, but not limited to, Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz.com, CheapTickets.com, Priceline.com, etc.
9. An earning period is 12 months calculated from the month of enrolment.
10. Bonus points earned for hotel stays can be registered up to six months after the date of a stay by sending the name of the hotel and the date of your stay to Customer Service.
4. Redeeming bonus points - rates
1. To redeem bonus points, members must have minimum of 10,000 valid bonus points in their bonus account. Bonus accommodation should be availed of during the time in which the bonus points are valid. For cancellations within normal cancellations deadlines, used bonus points can be reverted to the member, assuming that they have not expired. The member should contact Customer Service or book via My Page in order to redeem bonus points.
2. Bonus nights are subject to hotel capacity limitations. A limited number of rooms per hotel have been reserved for this category. If all these rooms are taken, rooms in other price categories may still be available. Members are encouraged therefore to book bonus nights well in advance.
3. “Be my Guest” gift vouchers are valid for a maximum of 12 months. This validity is limited to the validity date of the bonus points. Gift vouchers cannot be extended, nor can their value be reverted to bonus points on a bonus account.
4. The following rates apply when booking bonus accommodation:
10,000 bonus points:
- One weekend night (Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun Sun-Mon, the day before a public holiday or a public holiday) for two people at Comfort Hotel, Quality Hotel, Clarion Hotel, Clarion Collection as well as Yasuragi Hasseludden, Skt Petri, Nordic C Hotel and Nordic Light Hotel.
- A restaurant meal at a Nordic Choice hotel to the value of NOK/SEK/DKK 300. Please remember to inform the staff at reception in advance. No change is given on redeeming bonus points in restaurants.
- One weekday night (Sunday til Friday) for two people at Quality Resort or Selma Spa+ and Stenungsbaden Yacht Club
- Donation of bonus points to various charities (minimum 10,000 points per donation).
20,000 bonus points:
- One weekday night (Monday til Friday) for two people at Comfort Hotel, Quality Hotel, Clarion Hotel, Clarion Collection as well as Skt Petri, Nordic C Hotel and Nordic Light Hotel.
- One weekend night (Friday til Saturday, Saturday til Sunday or the day before a public holiday or a public holiday) for two people at Quality Resort hotels or Selma Spa+, Stenungsbaden Yacht Club, Yasuragi Hasseludden
- One night for two people at Farris Bad or Copperhill Mountain Logde
20,000 bonus points or more gets you:
- Car rental for 25,000 bonus points and above.
- One hotel night for 2 at The Thief for 30,000 bonus points and above.
5. Exceptions to the rates quoted above may apply at particular times and during campaigns.
5. Qualifying for different card levels
1. Nordic Choice Club has four card levels: BLUE, SILVER, GOLD and PLATINUM. The card level is determined on the number of qualifying nights members stay at Nordic Choice hotels in the Nordic and Baltic countries during the course of your 12-month membership.
2. One qualifying night is equivalent to one overnight stay at room rates. Special discounted rates such as, but not limited to, bus tours, crew rates, etc. are equivalent to 0.5 of a qualifying night at our hotels in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
3. Qualifying nights are not calculated for overnight stays paid for with bonus points or for “complimentary” rooms.
4. Qualification for a higher card level occurs in accordance with the following regulations:
- Members who spend 10 qualifying nights during a 12-month period qualify for Nordic Choice Club SILVER.
- Members who spend 35 qualifying nights during a 12-month period qualify for Nordic Choice Club GOLD.
- Members who spend 60 qualifying nights during a 12-month period qualify for Nordic Choice Club PLATINUM.
In the course of an earning period, members may qualify for SILVER, GOLD or PLATINUM. There are no qualification requirements for BLUE. Members who are promoted to a higher level will retain this level for all of the next earning period (the subsequent 12 months). The sum of the qualifying nights shall revert to zero at the end of the earning period. This will not affect the redeemable bonus points.
6. Membership benefits
1. For the individual card levels: Different membership benefits apply to BLUE, SILVER, GOLD and PLATINUM, so that the higher the card level you achieve, the more benefits you can enjoy.
2. Membership benefits pertaining to the individual card level apply, at all times, as they appear in these membership terms and conditions.
3. At SILVER or GOLD level, you will be able to choose 2 (SILVER) or 3 (GOLD) individual benefits. The benefits selected will not take effect until you next hotel stay and, at the latest, up to 48 hours after you have saved your selection in your personal membership profile on the Nordic Choice Club website. Members at SILVER or GOLD level can also choose not to avail themselves of any of the individual benefits but instead to receive a percentage increase in the bonus points earned at the prevailing percentage rates, see below.
4. The following membership benefits do not apply to Comfort Hotel Xpress: complimentary newspaper, upgrade to the next room category, guaranteed room upgrade, complimentary shirt/blouse laundry, room upgrade when redeeming bonus points and complimentary soft drink from the minibar.
Benefits of BLUE membership:
1. Complimentary newspaper when staying at Nordic Choice hotels in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
2. Bonus points in line with local terms and conditions.
3. When staying at Clarion Hotel, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort or our independent hotels in Norway or Denmark, members can earn bonus points by dining in the hotel restaurant, cf. the relevant terms and conditions above.
4. When staying at Clarion Hotel, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort or our independent hotels in Sweden, members will receive a restaurant voucher to the value of SEK 35, which can be redeemed for food or beverages in the hotel restaurant (does not apply to spirits or cigarettes). These vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, and no change is given.
Benefits of SILVER membership:
1. All benefits pertaining to BLUE level apply.
2. 5 % discount on the best available rate. This cannot be combined with other discounts or with prepaid booking. To receive this discount, you must book as logged in at www.nordicchoicehotels.com, the Customer Interaction Services, or directly to the the hotel.
3. “2 for the price of 1” 5 % discount on the best available rate from Sunday to Friday (does not apply to contract prices and cannot be combined with other discounts), i.e., two people sharing a double room for the price of a single room.
4. Extend the cancellation deadline to 9 p.m. on the day of arrival at no additional charge. However, room reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card.
5. When staying at Clarion Hotel, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort or Nordic Hotels & Resorts and our independent hotels, members will receive a restaurant voucher to the value of SEK 75 per day, which may be redeemed for food or beverages in the hotel restaurant (does not apply to spirits or cigarettes). These vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, and no change is given.
6. A member on SILVER level will be given priority on waiting lists.
7. Nordic Choice Club MasterCard at an annual charge of just NOK 200.
8. In addition, a member can choose two of the following benefits:
- An upgrade to the next room category, if available on arrival
- 50% discount on Pay TV every night'
- Double bonus points for every tenth overnight stay
- Room upgrade when redeeming bonus points, if available on arrival
- Complimentary soft drink from the minibar (one bottle per overnight stay)
- Late check out up to 4 p.m. (subject to agreement on check-in)
Members at SILVER level can choose to exchange the individual benefits for 10% extra bonus points per stay.
Benefits of GOLD membership:
1. All BLUE and standard SILVER benefits apply, but not individual SILVER benefits.
2. Guaranteed room (exceptions apply at certain times) at your destination if you book, at the latest, 48 hours prior to your arrival via Nordic Choice Customer Service and at best available rate. Contract prices and other discounts do not apply when you use guaranteed rooms. Nordic Choice Club cannot guarantee room categories when using this benefit.
3. Early check-in option, if the hotel has an available room(s).
4. When staying at Clarion Hotel, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort and our independent hotels in Sweden, members on GOLD level will receive a restaurant voucher to the value of SEK 125, which may be redeemed for food or beverages in the hotel restaurant (does not apply to spirits or cigarettes). These vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, and no change is given.
5. Late check out option until 6 p.m. Please agree this with the staff at reception on arrival.
6. An upgrade to the next available room category, if available on arrival. Room category to be determined on arrival.
7. 2 for the price of 1 on the best available rates on all days at 5% discount on the best available rates (does not apply to contract prices and cannot be combined with other discounts). Two persons sharing a double room for the price of a single room.
8. Nordic Choice Club MasterCard with no annual charge.
9. In addition, a member can choose three of the following benefits:
- Complimentary Pay TV every night
- Room upgrade when redeeming bonus points, if available on arrival
- Complimentary soft drink from the minibar (one bottle per overnight stay)
- Double bonus points for every eighth overnight stay.
Members at Gold level can choose to exchange the individual benefits for 20% extra bonus points per stay.
Benefits of PLATINUM membership:
1. All BLUE, SILVER and GOLD standard benefits apply.
2. All GOLD individual benefits apply, but the option of choosing 10 % or 20 % extra bonus points does not apply to PLATINUM members. However, PLATINUM members do receive double bonus points for every eighth overnight stay (an individual GOLD benefit).
3. Guaranteed room (exceptions apply at certain times) at your destination if the member book, at the latest, 24 hours prior to your arrival via Nordic Choice Customer Service and to regular price (City High). Contract prices, other discounts and guaranteed upgrading of room category do not apply if guaranteed rooms are used. Nordic Choice Club cannot guarantee room categories when using this benefit.
4. Complimentary laundering of a shirt/blouse (one per stay) if dropped off before 6 p.m. (varies between hotels).
5. Guaranteed room category upgrade. Room category to be determined on arrival.
6. Guaranteed late check out up to 6 p.m. If you wish to avail of late check out, please inform the staff at reception prior to the normal check out time.
7. If the hotel has standard double rooms available, a PLATINUM member can use bonus points whenever it suits the member. This only applies when the members make the booking themselves and cannot be used by others. Does not apply when using the 24/48 hour guarantee.
8. Complimentary admission to fitness facilities at Clarion Hotel, Clarion Collection, Quality Hotel, Quality Resort and our independent hotels. If the hotel does not have suitable training facilities, you may be offered access to other local fitness centres etc.
7. Nordic Choice Club Mastercard
1. Separate regulations, terms and conditions apply to Nordic Choice Club Mastercard. These terms and conditions will be sent along with the member’s first Nordic Choice Club MasterCard, and updated terms and conditions will always be published on the Nordic Choice Clubs website.
8. Disputes and legal venue
1. In the event of disputes regarding local membership terms and conditions, Norwegian law will apply.
Any disputes shall be settled by Norwegian courts of law, and Oslo District Court is agreed as the legal venue.