Published: March 11, 2020. Updated: July 8, 2020.
We take infection control extremely seriously and do our utmost to ensure that you are safe when you visit our hotels or stay with us. Nordic Choice Hotels follows official recommendations with respect to infection control of Covid-19.
For guests this means that we:
- Maintain good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Regularly clean communal areas and surfaces that are touched frequently.
- Keep at least 1 metre away from others.
- Tell you about infection prevention measures, both verbally and through posters and notices.
- Stay at home if we feel unwell.
Routines and measures to control infection at Nordic Choice Hotels
- Regular cleaning of surfaces in the reception, toilets, elevators, staircases, etc.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces in conference rooms, restaurants and breakfast areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in all communal areas.
- Thorough cleaning with extra focus on surfaces that are frequently used, such as door handles, light switches, sinks, hairdryers and remote controls.
- Breakfast bags are handed out or available for collection at most of our hotels.
- Some hotels have opened up their breakfast buffets, and follows the official recommendations closely in doing so.
- Displays on coffee machines and juice dispensers etc. are regularly cleaned.
- Tables, chairs and menus are all cleaned between guests.
- We offer table service only.
- We ensure that seated guests are at least 1 metre apart.
- We make sure to avoid queueing in and outside the restaurant.
- Tables, chairs and other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned both before and after conferences.
- Tables/chairs must be at least 1 metre away from each other.
- Frequently used areas and surfaces are regularly cleaned during conferences. We are extra careful with items and surfaces that are touched often, e.g. technical equipment, coffee machines and door handles.
In case a situation arises, in which a guest or employees is suspected of being infected with the new Corona virus (COVID-19), we will follow the instructions issued by the health authorities.
You can, safe and easy, check out using our app at almost all our hotels. Skip the queue at the reception while reducing contact with others.
Opening hours for breakfast and food in the summer
Serving hours for breakfast and other meals may vary during the summer of 2020. Please contact your booked hotel for information on breakfast hours and other offers during your stay.
Regarding changes of your booking up to and including August 31
Prepaid individual bookings and prepaid campaign bookings can be changed for a fee of 400 SEK/NOK/DKK or 40 EUR. If the price for the new stay dates is higher, the difference is to be paid by the guest. Due to COVID-19, there are some exceptions.
If you are prohibited from travelling due to travel restrictions (travel ban) and have a prepaid booking/prepaid campiagn booking in the period up until August 31 2020, your booking can be changed to a later date, without a fee (up until 11 months forward). Or you can request a travel voucher (valid at your booked hotel for 12 months) for your prepaid amount. Please contact us in writing to email@example.com for voucher requests. Please note that you will be required to pay for any price differences resulting from these new dates.
NB! This does not apply to the campaigns My Summer Treat or Unlimited Nights.
Unfortunately, prepaid bookings cannot be refunded and we do not issue vouchers due to cancelled events. We advise you to contact your insurance company in these regards.
Free rebooking does not apply to group bookings.
How to change your booking
- Contact our Customer Service by calling (+47) 22 33 42 00.
How to cancel your booking
- If you have received your booking confirmation via email, you can use the link provided to cancel your booking.
- If you are a member of the Nordic Choice Club, please log in to My Page and cancel your booking there.
- If you are not a member, you can cancel here if you have your booking reference.
If you have booked your stay via another operator such as Hotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, please check the specific cancellation terms and conditions for these operators.
You can view the most common terms and conditions for cancellations here.
This page will be updated when new information about advice or guidelines from relevant health authorities becomes available.