Hotspots for Food & Fun
Photo competition: Snap your way to publicity and a hotel gift card of 500 Euros
We are dreaming of a platform full of guest pictures. Your photos, your take on our hotels and the beautiful Nordic destinations in which they lie. So we are launching a photo competition to reach that dream. Read on to find out how to enter and what you can win! Please note: This competition has ended.
This competition has come to an end
Thanks to all those who have submitted their contributions! We have received hundreds of beautiful photos, and are currently going through all with a keen and very impressed eye. Are you one of the 3 lucky winners? If so, you will be contacted shortly and awarded a Nordic Choice Hotels gift card. Didn't win this time? Fear not, your photo may still be among the 10 best contributions which will be displayed in an article on our website - stay tuned!
What kind of photos are we looking for?
We are looking for pictures taken in the Nordic Choice Hotels universe. This means destinations in which our hotels are located, or of our hotels. Are you staying in one of our hotels? Why not take a quick moment to capture the façade before entering, or highlight a cool detail in the lobby, or maybe a cosy picture of your room before you jump on the bed? And if you're not staying in a hotel but live at - or simply drive through - one of our destinations, you can still enter by snapping a good shot of little known landmarks and charming corners of your town. Get out there and document the beauty with which you surround yourself!
Tips, advices and expectations
The very most important thing: be creative! We give you a list of tips and advices to guide and inspire you, but the most important thing for us is that we get to see the world as you see it.
- We welcome untraditional cuts and perspectives.
- We would like unusual photos of our destinations. Perhaps something else than the already well-documented Nidarosdomen Cathedral to illustrate Trondheim..? Or, if cathedrals are your thing, you could find a unique take on capturing this beautiful building by playing with different cuts and angles.
- Try to avoid faces in your photos - we cannot publish pictures with identifiable faces.
- We welcome photos in both portrait and landscape orientation.
- No filters, please.
- Photos do not need to be fresh from the press! Have a look through your old photos and see if you might have been a talented photographer all along.
- Entered photos must be your own - make sure you hold full rights to the photos you send us.
Same hotel, two different angles – Clarion Hotel® Malmö Live.
We will announce the three best photos in September. The photographers will each win a gift card valid in all of our hotels.
1. place: Gift card of 500 Euros 2. place: Gift card of 300 Euros 3. place: Gift card of 100 Euros
Additionally, we will display the ten best photos in an article. All credits will, of course, be given to the photographer of each photo - your name and a link to your website (if you have one) will make sure you get all the glory you deserve! The article will also be shared with our followers on Facebook.
- The deadline to enter is 31 August. Submit your photos by email to email@example.com. Don't forget to add your name and phone number, and let us know at which hotel or destination the photos are taken.
- There is no limit to the amount of photos you can submit.
- For us to be able to display the photos on our website they must be high definition (preferably at least 2800 pixels on the wider side).
- The pictures must be taken at one of our hotels or destinations. Find an overview of our destinations here.
- We publish the ten best photos in an article - the photographer will be credited.
- You may only submit photos that you yourself have taken.
- By submitting your photos and entering the competition, you grant Nordic Choice Hotels and affiliated companies the right to use your photo(s) for commercial purposes on our own platforms and purchased channels.
- The winners themselves are responsible for any taxes related to accepting the prize.
Here are a few ideas of the kind of pictures we are looking for:
We look forward to seeing your photos filling up our firstname.lastname@example.org inbox!