– ”The potential that Arlanda has is enormous and I love the fact that we have the opportunity to participate in the development of the area,” says Petter A Stordalen.
Petter held one of his inspiring speeches during the press conference where the new construction that will be taking place near Arlanda, which of course got a standing ovation!
Petter A. Stordalen with the staff at the hotel.
”You will not recognize the area in two years”
The renovation has been longed for by the staff at Quality Airport Hotel Arlanda. Right now, the work of drawing up exactly how to build a fantastic hotel with a huge exhibition area is going on.
Tobias Pettersson at the current reception area.
– ”It will be absolutely amazing! You will not recognize the area in two years. Now we are working out exactly what it should look like,” says Tobias Pettersson, General Manager at Quality Airport Hotel Arlanda.
As for the appearance of the building, one thing is absolutely certain: there will be another tower, but exactly what it will look like is not yet set in stone. What really gets a lift is that the hotel and the conference area will be experienced as a much more integrated whole after the renovation.
– ”The second tower will be as high as this one, or slightly higher, and they will be connected together with some kind of bridge. Today, the conference department is a ways away from the hotel, now it will feel like a hotel with a trade fair. We deserve it!” says Tobias Pettersson.
For the guests, the renovation and expansion will not be very noticeable
– ”We still be open all the time and we will renovate a bit at a time. We will do our best to ensure that guests are not disturbed but instead curious about what is to come,” concludes Tobias Pettersson.
About the new hotel tower
Goodbye to semi-sad rooms and uninspiring surroundings – say hello to Sweden’s freshest exhibition grounds in a terrific location at Arlanda. Nordic Choice Hotels is a great place to build a hotel tower in the middle of the new Scandinavian Xpo! When do we meet?
- Expected to be completed in 2020
- It is the existing hotel Quality Airport Hotel Arlanda which is being rebuilt and expanded
- The hotel will be able to offer a total of 419 hotel rooms (today it is 228)
- The meeting and event venues will be huge (2323 sq m in total), 13 meeting rooms and total capacity for 720 people.
- The hotel will also invest in a large fitness area and a lobby bar for mingling