Hotspots for Food & Fun
All in, in Helsinki – we are building two new hotels at the airport
A month ago, we shared the news that we are going to welcome ten new hotels into the “Helsinki Hotel Team”. Now we also have the great pleasure of announcing that we will be building two new hotels at Helsinki Airport that are due for completion in 2023!
The two new hotels will be right by the entrance to Terminal 2 at the airport and will have 711 hotel rooms combined, a SkyBar on the 13th floor with fantastic views over the runways and conference facilities with room for up to 2,000 people.
From before we already have Clarion Hotel® Helsinki, Clarion Hotel® Aviapolis and the boutique hotel Hotel F6. But with the Kämp Collection hotels now as part of our portfolio, as well as the latest two additions, in 2023 you will have a total of 16 hotels to choose from in the Helsinki area.
Didn't get the news that Kämp Collection Hotels and their 10 hotels are now a part of Nordic Choice Hotels? Read about the new hotels here!
To celebrate that Nordic Choice Hotels will soon have 16 hotels to offer you in Helsinki, we are giving you:
16 fun (or not that fun) facts about Finland:
- Today, Nordic Choice Hotels have 749 hotel rooms in Helsinki. By 2023, there will be 2,861 rooms!
- The construction of our two new hotels is Finland's largest hotel project of all time, and the budget is an estimated 120 million euros.
- When Finns do something, they do it properly. This becomes evident in the next seven points:
- Finns love saunas, and they have over three million of them. To put this into perspective: The country has 5.5 million inhabitants. That’s half a sauna per inhabitant there.
- In Helsinki there is even a Ferris wheel where the passenger cars are saunas.
- When you Google "Karaoke Helsinki" you get 4.93 million hits in 0.67 seconds.
- In 2019, Finland was voted the greenest, most stable and safest country in the world, according to the World Happiness Report.
- In addition, 2019 is the second consecutive year that Finland has been voted the happiest country in the world. Maybe this is the country to travel to if you like being smiled at on the street?
- Finland has the world's highest annual consumption of milk per capita. This information is particularly interesting as we also know that as much as 17% of the country's population is lactose intolerant.
- They also hold the world record for consumption of coffee: The average Finn drinks 12 kg of coffee a year.
- You have probably heard Finland being referred to as "the land of a thousand lakes". Well, that is a rather modest nickname, as the country actually has almost 190,000 lakes.
- Finland was the first country in the world to give voting rights to all women, regardless of social status.
- The size of their traffic fines is calculated based on two factors: how serious the offence is and how much the driver earns.
- All public information and all street addresses are written in both Finnish and Swedish.
- Senate Square and Helsinki Cathedral have starred in several Hollywood films. However, they were not portrayed as themselves in the films, but rather St. Petersburg in Russia!
- There is even a tram you can ride on in Helsinki that has its own bar. More about it and more tips for a weekend in Helsinki can be found here.
Some info about the new hotels at the airport in Helsinki:
Number of hotels rooms: 711 rooms. Clarion Hotel with 502 rooms, and the other with 209 rooms.
Conferences: Yes, meeting rooms with space for 2,000 delegates
Direct access to the terminals: Yes, the hotels will be by the entrance to Terminal 2
Restaurant and bar: Yes – and one of the hotels will have a SkyBar on the 13th floor with a view out over the runways.
Number of floors: 13 in total